Black Kirtle and Red Pin on Sleeves

It’s been AGES but I’ve finally knuckled down and worked on the black kirtle.

I also sat down this afternoon and cut out and finished a pair of red wool sleeves. I used two layers of the wool I used for my gamurra and lined them with my never-ending supply of soft brown linen

DSC_5335

I also finished off the black kirtle. Well, almost finished, I need to lower the neckline (it’s a bit high) and face the neckline once it’s lowered, but wearable for next weekend at least once I take out the white stitching (I used for guidelines, fabric marking pens don’t show up on this fabric!)

DSC_5339

The waist seam looks uneven, but it’s not, I am, and Cecil is not.

DSC_5340

The other thing I’ve been working (with the help of a friend) on is curtains for our new medieval tent, I think they will look spectacular!

Advertisements

One thought on “Black Kirtle and Red Pin on Sleeves

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s